Plant-based milk and products made using it are gaining popularity as they are good enough alternatives to dairy milk. It is used for making quenchers like tea and coffee, baked goods, desserts, and so on. Besides, coconut milk is one such product that is used as an ingredient in many Asian recipes. The other reason for its popularity is that it is increasingly used by those following vegan diets and those who are lactose intolerant. Read on to get familiarized with three recipes for making plant-based vegan milk at home.
Soybean is a plant-based food that is an excellent font of protein. Besides, soy milk is an excellent replacement for dairy milk because of its nutrient content. It is used for making tea and coffee in coffee shops and restaurants. Above all, the main advantage of using it is that it can easily withstand higher temperatures without curdling. Shared below are the steps for making soy milk at home.
- Soak a cup of soybeans overnight and rinse and drain it thoroughly on the next day.
- Move the rinsed soybeans to your blender and add 1.5 cups of water to it. Blend till smooth.
- Using a cheesecloth, obtain natural soy milk.
Almond milk is a favorite among many people using plant-based milk because of its consistency, and it complements the flavor of beverages like coffee. Alongside being sweet, it is rich in protein. Furthermore, like soy milk, almond milk is also easily available from stores. The steps for making homemade almond milk are shared below.
- Take a cup of raw almonds and soak it in water overnight. Thoroughly drain it after rinsing it the next day.
- Transfer the rinsed almonds to a blender and add 4 cups of water. Blend this mix.
- Strain the blended almond milk through a cheesecloth.
Oat milk is the new darling among plant-based milk lovers, and this is due to its creamier texture. Besides, it has a neutral flavor, and hence it can be used in most beverages. Shared below are the steps for making oat milk at home.
- Soak a cup of rolled oats overnight.
- Get rid of the water and thoroughly rinse the oats.
- In a blender, add the rinsed oats and 1 cup of water. Blend it until the mixture turns smooth.
- Strain the blended oat using a cheesecloth to get oat milk.
- Take the oat pulp in the cheesecloth, add it to the blender along with ½ cup of water, and blend.
- Strain through cheesecloth to get every bit of oat milk.